Perhaps 10 activities are not enough, but here you have a top ten list dedicated to summer on Lake Garda.
Imagine a dark blue spot nestled in high lush mountains. Imagine a place kissed by the sun for several months in the year and a unique Mediterranean microclimate, even though in the Alpine area. Imagine you can spend here, in Garda Trentino, your summer holiday. Are you dreaming it? Why don’t you try to live it, instead?
We are suggesting you 10 excellent reasons why choosing to spend the summer (or just part of it) on Italy’s biggest lake, in its northern tip, where you will dream about a never-ending summer with food and wine specialities, outdoor sports, kilometer-long beaches and some well-equipped campings for your special holiday.
- Excursions on the Ponale path. This is the most famous path in Garda Trentino: easy and magnificent at the same time, for its breathtaking view on the lake. It is a real not-to-be-missed classic: by bike or on foot, what life would it be without a trek towards the waterfall of the same name?
- Sailing trip at sunset. Here, Mister Wind is the landlord and we thank it because it helps us forgetting the sultriness ,and allows us to go on amazing sailing trips. The must? At sunset, when everything is gold!
- In the saddle! What summer would it be without bikes? You can’t miss out a classical tour (even for the less experts) along the cycle lane from Riva to Torbole and then along the Sarca River up to the romantic castle of Arco. The fairytale backdrop will make you forget the strain, and if you want to cool down, you can experience the hidden river beaches.
- Canale di Tenno and a… rustic back to the Middle Ages! Do you feel nostalgic of the period of lords and ladies? Don’t worry, in the hamlet of Canale di Tenno time seems to stand still, and in summer a not-to-be-missed event celebrates the middle age with Rustico Medioevo!
- Night excursion to Santa Barbara. During the night, it is a bright dot clearly visible from Riva del Garda. Anyway, the Santa Barbara little church is a must to be visited in summer on a long walk (the hiking equipment, a torch and a lot of caution are imperative) that will take you to enjoy a fantastic view on the lake and its lights making you feel… a bit “smaller” in front of this grandeur!
- Stand up paddle surfing & relaxation. It’s useless to say that, after all that strain, indulging in some beach relaxation is a real nostrum! Long beaches brushed by the Ora breeze. What’s the only activity the couch potatoes can admit? The stand up paddle surfing! A relaxing sport which is perfect to tan directly on the lake!
- Looking for some… fresh air! Not all of us love the hot weather. So why not taking advantage of it going to some mountain huts? There you’ll find some fresh air. panoramic views and you could taste some sumptuous meals!
- Lake fish dinner.In summer, dining out is even better. What about a romantic fish dinner out with your sweetheart, looking at the lake? There are several restaurants specialised in lake delicacies. Maybe it’s the right occasion for an important proposal?
- Spending a “fairytale night”. A not-to-be-missed summer event on Lake Garda Trentino is the Notte di Fiaba. Trips into the fairy tale workshops, shows, baby face painting and some exciting fireworks.
- Why don’t you tell us the last thing to do in summer? Remember to follow us on Instagram, Twitter and obviously Facebook, to share all your summer moments on Lake Garda with us using the hashtag #GardaTrentino (the best ones will be shared on our social media). We are pretty sure that you will find lots of things… more than ten indeed!
Lake Garda Campsites
The campsites of Lake Garda are an ideal option for everybody Camping offers you the possibility of spending a holiday on Lake Garda at a special price and throughout all the season. The campsites are situated in the vicinity of Lake Garda and are surrounded by lush vegetation in a fascinating natural environment. The campsites offer many services including bicycle rental, windsurfing equipment, canoes and pedalos. They will satisfy all your requirements, whether you opt for a tent, camper van or caravan. Many of the campsites on Lake Garda offer entertainment services, bars and restaurants: click here to find out more.